- Dispose of household hazardous products safely and for free by taking them to HazoHouse.
- Switch to green cleaning methods by using vinegar, baking soda, and liquid Castile soap. This saves money too!
- Remove shoes at the door. This helps reduce dust in the home.
- Run the bathroom fan while showering or bathing and for 30-45 minutes after. This helps keep mold from growing in the bathroom and improves indoor air quality. If your fan doesn’t work well, have it fixed or replaced.
- Open windows daily to let fresh air in and improve ventilation. Try a “fresh air blast” by going through your home opening each window and then going right back through closing each one. This quick exchange of air can make a big difference in your indoor air quality!
- Request a free, confidential Healthy Homes Visit.
- Get a kitchen thermometer and use it to help prevent foodborne illness.
- Use Common Sense
Gardening for your yard and garden. Our free gardening guides can help you
create a beautiful landscape without the
use of toxic bug and weed killers.
- Get your septic system inspected. You can hire someone
or learn how to do
it yourself. Inspecting your system every year can help identify issues
before they turn into large, costly
- Take steps to prevent rodents and other pests from entering your home.