Celebrate Puget Sound this Saturday at the new Puget Sound festival called, P.S. I Love You!
This event is coordinated by a group of Environmental Educators in Thurston County with support of the Puget Sound Partnership’s Puget Sound Starts Here. Thurston County’s Environmental Health, Solid Waste, and Water Resources Programs are active members of this group.
When: Saturday June 14, 2014 from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sea Cinema 5:30-10 p.m
Where: Festival is at Percival Landing Park, 405 Columbia St. NW Olympia, WA
Sea Cinema is at The Olympia Center, 222 Columbia St. NW Olympia, WA
Why: To celebrate Puget Sound through music, film, food, and fun!
Who: All ages!
- Live music by Oly MountainBoys, Kim Archer Band, Dana Lyons, Pan Lego Steel Drums, and Mukana Marimba.
- Live performances by OneWorld Taiko, Native American Storyteller and flutist Che Oke Ten, Morpho-Man (Christian Swenson), and local storytellers.
- Free Kayak Instruction.
- Local Education Booths with hands-on activities for all ages.
- Outdoor games.
Sea Cinema includes:
- Family fun & Cartoons.
- Family feature: Happy Feet.
- Local short films.
- Pre-screening of Return ofthe River followed by a Q&A with the filmmakers.
Thank you to the City of Olympia for allowing use of the heart graphic designed by local artist, Nikki McClure.